Sunday, 23 November 2008

captain bethan, teddy darling and babar came for a birthday sleepover. we dusted my bed with sugar that spilled from our pack of strawberry laces and lit my room with my fairy lights. my pink, feather fairy lights. like glow-worms, or stars or the fire fairy, all warm and toasty in a tiny bubble. we ate tiny, tiny marshmellows and dipped them into melted chocolate, like willy wonka's. and we giggled so much at each other with chocolate in our hair and on our cheeks and marshmellow twirls gummed to our lips, and glitter on our eyelids. we were six years old again, we were. with messy hair and mucky faces. we watched a little princess, we always watch that. captain bethan strokes her lips softly and sniffles when sara and her poppy are on the screen. teddy darling's dopey eyes flicker sleepily when the lullabys fill her pixie ears. and babar's tiny blue eyes make beads of perfect tears when sara cries too. and i am mesmerised. sara is the bravest of them all. like lyra and luna and wendy and lucy. and all the toy soldiers.
mamma took me to the shops. just me and mamma and my pennies in my purse. i brought a bunnie from the toy shop and we share eskimo kisses. secret kisses. that make you feel happy and safe.
christmas time soon. i cannot find any pretty dresses that i wish for, please find me dresses. with your peter pan collars and frills. untl then, i wish for glitter pumpkins and cinderellas and unicorns and princess anastasia and polar bears.*
♥♥♥

2 comments:

Maddie M. said...

This post is all of my favorite things rolled up into one delicious cup of hot cocoa, with extra whipped cream and pink marshmellows... You're a fabulous and graceful writer that somehow speaks in a form of poetry!
I love Shirley Temple, so The Little Princess is a definate given! :)
By the way, I'm Sprinkle. Nice to meet you, dear...
xoxo

Rosie said...

Hello, I have just stumbled upon your beautiful blog and I am so very glad I did!! It is the most delightful world, full of lots of wonderful treasures. I wish to come here oftn and share your adventures!!

You seem like such a little sweetheart, and have the most beautiful way of writing. Your sleepover sounds just perfect. I wish to have chocolate covered marshmellows too. Like you, I wish to have peter pans gift of never growing old. Being a grown up sems so sad, you loose the innocents and imagination and freedom of childhood. Although, I am sure, although I will look like a grown up, in my mind, I will never ever loose those things!!

I will visit again, your blog is too adorable to stay away!!

x